Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Yet so many people skip it thinking it will help them lose weight, It will stop them having so many calories etc.
Truth is you are doing more damage to your body by not having breakfast then you are buying over eating! Your body needs that meal to get started to help the brain work and the body move. Even a piece of fruit is better then well nothing! Lets face it would you ever send your kids to school without something to eat for breakfast?
No I doubt it and you probably tell them the same as this blog does that you need breakfast for your body and mind to start to keep yourself well and concentration up. So why not take your own advice?
I agree it can be hard with life been so busy some days! But hopefully these recipes can help they can be stored in the fridge so the next morning for breakfast you can easily grab them without having to cook!
Preparation is the key when it comes to getting healthy. The more you plan the better and easier it is.
So recipe one! Potato scones! 68 Calories per scone, makes 12 prep time is 10 minutes and cooking time is 20-25 minutes. What is 40 minutes spent cooking before bed rather then watching your favorite show? You could even watch it on the laptop while you cook!
- 550 g (1 lb 2 oz) large potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 medium eggs
- 75 ml (3 fl oz) milk
- vegetable oil for frying
- salt and pepper
- Cut the potatoes into small chunks and cook in boiling slightly salted water for 15 minutes or until completely tender. Drain well return to the saucepan and mash until smooth. Leave to cool slightly
- Beat in the baking power then the eggs, milk and a little seasoning. Continue to beat until everything is combined
- Heat a small amount of oil in a heavy based frying pan. Drop heaped dessertspoonfuls of the mixture into the pan spacing them apart then fry for 3-4 minutes turning once until golden.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm while frying remainders of the mix. Can also be grilled.
Now that would be a perfect little breakfast recipe! add a fried tomato and a few mushrooms and you have a lovely breakfast.
How about a home made milkshake? Yes that is right a lovely fruity milkshake with only 89 calories per serving, makes 2 and take 2 minutes to prep! Instead of having that apple making a milkshake!
- 1 ripe peach halved pitted and chopped
- 150 g (5 oz) strawberries
- 150 g (5 oz) raspberries
- 200 ml (7 fl oz) Milk (Can use any milk you want)
- Ice cubes
- Put the peach in a blender/food processor with the strawberries, raspberries and blend to a smooth puree, Scraping the mixture down from the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Add the milk and blend the ingredients again until smooth and frothy. Pour the milkshake over the ice cubes in a tall glass